Sunday, October 4, 2009

Breast Health-Just a Click Away!


Dear Sisters in Health,


Luckily, I have never had a scare after a mammogram.  I have been fortunate with my breast health.   So far, a few days after my mammogram, I receive my own hand addressed envelope from the clinic telling me that the results from my mammogram are normal.

Do You Know the Facts?

The National Breast Cancer Foundation estimates that each year, over 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and over 40,000 die. One woman in eight either has or will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. Approximately 1,700 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 450 will die each year.

If detected early, the five-year survival rate for breast cancer exceeds 96%. Mammograms are among the best early detection methods, yet 13 million U.S. women 40 years of age or older have never had a mammogram.

I am also fortunate to be working for a small company that provides a health insurance plan that I can participate in each month. My breast exam and annual physical is considered 'preventative care' and the expenses are covered in full by the policy. 

But what about our sisters over 40 years old that have never had a mammogram because of their financial circumstances?

How You Can Help Every Day

The Breast Cancer Site provides an excellent way for us to help our less than fortunate sisters.  All that is required from us is our time.

Click to Give a Free Mammogram

Check it out!   Be sure to sign up for your daily reminder via email.   Every day I just open the email remainder and click on the URL address provided.  How easy is that?!

Living a WOO HOO life, together!

'Til next time.    Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to remove comments with profanity, personal attacks, spam, overt advertisements or other inappropriate material.